Our engineers identified one or more issues in our most recent deployment that would have affected users on the Echo360 platform. We have rolled back the deployment to the previous stable state and we will release the included features and fixes in future deployments as appropriate.
You can read more about the issues at http://status.echo360.com/.
We apologize for any problems this may have caused your institution.
For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Deployment Schedule Notice
Our typical two-week release cycle will continue as normal into December. To accommodate the end of year holidays, there will be a 4-week break prior to the first deployment in January 2020.
Our deployment dates for the upcoming releases are as follows:
- Nov 19-20 (this one, which was rolled back)
- Dec 03-04
- Dec 17-18
- Jan 14-15, 2020 (four weeks from previous)
New FeaturesDue to rolling back this release, these changes are no longer live in our product, but they will be released in future deployments.
Updated Media Details page for Administrators! The newly-designed media details page that has been available for instructors and students is now available for administrators. The new design provides consolidated sharing/publishing information on a single page along with view analytics for media, and the same control over transcriptions and captions and media ownership that was always available for admins.
For more information, see Media Details Page for Administrators.
- Device Software Update: Version 6.0.673924194 (the device software was released and was not rolled back)
NOTE: The Device Software Update entry is only included when an update is being deployed; the legacy software version is NOT likely to change often, and it is not included if no updates are being deployed.
FixesDue to rolling back this release, these changes are no longer live in our product, but they will be released in future deployments.
- Resolved an issue where newer phone number/area codes were being seen as “invalid” by Echo360. Updated the phone number utility library to ensure new number configurations are accepted.
- Resolved an issue where, when resuming a Paused capture via an API call, the Universal Capture Device UI would still show the Paused overlay screen.
- Resolved an issue where scheduled A/V/V captures were not being tasked correctly when using two of the same recording device as video sources.
- Resolved an issue where Universal Capture would not prompt you for permission to capture the Desktop on macOS 10.15 (Catalina). See Allowing Access to Inputs in macOS for more information