The media available in your Content home (library) page is generally available for adding to Groups as you please. Sharing an item to a Group simply makes the media available to view in the group, by the group members. The media still resides in your library.
Sharing content to a group can be done from:
- The menu button on the media's tile in your Content library page, the procedures for which are below
- From within the Group itself
- From the Groups sharing section of the Media Details page.
If you are an Administrator or Delegated Administrator and a member of a group with add content rights, you do not have a library page, but you can add any media you own into the group. You must do so from within the group itself.
Sharing Content to a Group from the Content Tile MenuThe menu button on a content tile provides a variety of commands, including the Share command. Use this option to share this piece of media to other users, course classes (if available), and groups.
To share content to a Group from the media tile menu
- If necessary, access your Home page by clicking the Echo360 icon in the top left corner.
- Click either All Content or My Content from the tabs on the left.
- Use the Filters and/or Search box to find the item you want to share.
- Hover over the media tile and click the Menu button, as identified in the below figure.
- Select Share from the media options menu.
The Share settings modal appears with the Individuals tab active by default.
- Click the Groups tab to activate it.
- Use the Share with drop-down list at the bottom of the modal to select a group to share the media with.
- Type directly into the textbox to filter the list based on the text provided. Continue typing or backspace as needed to find the group you want.
Important: The groups listed for sharing will only include those you for which you have Add media rights to.
Select the matching group you want to add this media to. Once selected, the group appears in the Groups list, as shown in the below figure. The media also appears in the Content tab of the group.
Repeat the above steps to share the item into other groups. All groups the media currently resides in will appear in this modal until no longer shared with them.
Click the X next to a group to remove this media from that group.
Adding content privileges and Removing content privileges are granted separately for groups; you may be able to add media to a group but not remove it.