These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the August 27-28, 2019 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact email@example.com.
Reminder: End of Life for Classroom & Personal Capture
As you probably know by now, Echo360 Universal Capture is in general availability for both Mac and Windows, and for Personal and Classroom modes. Universal Capture replaces the existing applications Classroom Capture (CCAP) and Personal Capture (PCAP) for a better and easier capture experience. We are seeing excellent adoption rates for Universal Capture, so it is time to plan for the end of support for the legacy applications.
As first reported in the Release Notes for the 2 July 2019 Deployments, we plan to phase out both technical support and functional support in the platform over the following timeline:
- August 30th, 2019: The download links for both CCAP and PCAP will be removed from the platform. This is also the end of support date for these applications in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA). While the applications will likely continue to work for the rest of the year, there will be no support available.
Clients in the EMEA region should already have transitioned to Universal Capture. Clients in other regions can continue to use existing CCAP and PCAP installations but will no longer have the ability to download it.
- January 15th, 2020: This date marks both the end of life and the end of support for these applications globally. As of this date, CCAP and PCAP will cease to work with the Echo360 platform due to enhancements in the capture pipeline that will only work with Universal Capture.
It is of the utmost importance that all Echo360 clients complete their transition to Universal Capture by this time.
If you have any questions about your transition to Universal Capture, please contact your Echo360 representative and see our Universal Capture documentation.
- LMS mapping for Teaching Assistants is now functional. Users entering an Echo360 section from an LMS course where they are assigned as a teaching assistant are now also enrolled into the Echo360 section as a Teaching Assistant (instead of as an instructor).
- We've added a callout bubble to Live classes to indicate to users when their playback has fallen out of sync (behind) real-time events.
- Universal Capture: Classroom now supports selecting two IP Cameras when configuring a Room (one IP Camera for each Video input).
- Device Software Update (UC): Version 6.0.666830426
This deployment's software update is only applicable to Universal Capture.
NOTE: The Device Software Update entry is only included when an update is being deployed; the legacy software version is NOT likely to change often, and it is not included if there are no updates being deployed.
- Resolved an issue where the Room Configuration was not carrying over when transitioning from Classroom Capture (CCAP) to Universal Capture: Classroom (UC: Classroom).
- Resolved an issue where Instructors were not seeing an indicator in the Classroom that a scene had been flagged as confused by a student.
- Resolved an issue where scenes were not being un-bookmarked correctly in the Classroom.
- Resolved an issue where some PDFs could not be processed correctly when uploaded, resulting in an incorrect number of slides.
- Resolved an issue where, when viewing a Class on an iOS device with Safari or Chrome, playback could freeze on the first frame.
- Resolved an issue where ad hoc captures were unable to be initiated via the Front Panel of Universal Capture-enabled appliances (Pro and Pod).
- Updates have been made to the Moodle, Blackboard, and Sakai building block/plug-ins for embedding media, to address an issue surrounding the ability to view embeds in full-screen mode. If necessary, update the Echo360 building block or plug-in installed for your LMS.