These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the June 18-19, 2019 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The new Live Classroom is now available in selected Beta! A new version of the live classroom is available in beta where users no longer have to install and/or enable Adobe Flash. The same customers that are part of the selected HLS for video on demand (VOD) beta are automatically included with this beta.
For more information, see Enable or Disable HLS Playback.
For information or to be added to the beta program, contact email@example.com or your Echo360 Representative.
Video View Heatmap now available in the Classroom. The classroom has been updated to now include a video view heatmap button on the right side of the playback bar. The classroom heatmap provides video view data for this video within the context of the section.
For additional details, see Video View Heatmap in the Classroom.
- Device Software Update: Version 5.5.660362514
The version number of the updated capture device software will be added prior to the AU/ANZ production region deployment.
- Resolved an issue where instructors enrolled in a section via the API were not appearing with the section entry on the Courses page (Course Catalog list)
- Resolved issues surrounding the use of the video editor to edit audio-only captures.
- When updating a capture schedule where some (but not all) of the captures have already completed, the updated future lessons are now being placed in the proper chronological order in the class list (based on current sort setting).
- The “conversation bubbles” or discussion icons in the class list for each class no longer appear for anonymous users (users who enter a section via a public section link). Anonymous users do not have access to the Q&A/Discussion feature in sections.
- Student Analytics exports for a specific class to CSV are no longer missing the .csv extension if the class name contains a period.
- Resolved an issue with the Universal Capture beta for the Pro and Pod that caused Captures to appear as if they were not starting in the Admin UI even though they were, in fact, taking place.
- Resolved an issue with the Universal Capture beta for the Pod where captures would have green lines would appear on dual video captures.
- Fixed an issue where a capture performed with the Universal Capture beta for the Pro and Pod would not be viewable by an administrator in some cases.