Prerequisites for using the Echo360 Embed button:
1) A BrightSpace Administrator must have created and configured a Remote plugin for Echo360 embedding on your BrightSpace instance.
2) The public links option must be turned on, so that you have the authority to generate a public link for embedding.
3) You must have content YOU OWN in your Content home/Library (or you must be an Echo360 Admin). Only content owners (or Admins) can embed videos in an LMS content window.
If a BrightSpace Admin has configured it for your institution, you will see an Echo360 option in the Insert Stuff selections available from the toolbar of a content window (and identified in the below figure). This Echo360 option allows you to select a video from your library and embed it directly into the page.
Embedding a video can be done anywhere BrightSpace provides a content window for posting items (e.g., Discussions, Content pages, etc.).
Instructors and Students can select any video they own from their Content library. Once inserted, the video appears in the content window and users can play the video directly in the page. BrightSpace Administrators who are also Echo360 Administrators can select any capture in the system they have access to.
Embedded videos DO NOT generate Echo360 analytic information for which students have viewed the video or how much of it. BrightSpace may provide some of that information for you however. Check with your BrightSpace administrator if you are not sure.
The procedure below adds a new File into a module of a Brightspace course. You can add any element you like to hold the video into any type of course content, as long as the element contains a content window into which the video can be embedded.
To embed an Echo360 video into a content window
- Log in to BrightSpace.
- Open the Course in BrightSpace where you want to post the video.
- Add a module or discussion post or other content item where you want to add the video.
- Click the Insert Stuff button, identified by the arrow in the above figure.
- If necessary, scroll through the Insert Stuff list to find the Echo360 plugin. It should be clearly named.
Your content library list appears, listing all videos you own and that you can embed into the window.
- Click on the video you want to embed. The row expands to show Select Size options as shown above.
- Select a size for the frame to hold the embedded video.
- Select whether to Automute and/or Autoplay the video when users land on the page. These are optional.
- Enter a Start At time if you want the video to begin playing somewhere other than at the beginning. Users can scrub through the entire video but this sets a static time for all users to begin watching.
- When finished, click INSERT.
If the Administrator has NOT added the Echo360 URL to the Trusted Sites list, you may see a notification to Allow links to this URL, as shown below.
- Click Allow and be sure the Always trust this URL box is checked.
- The embedded video appears in the Preview window as shown below. If it is the video you want, click Insert.
- The content window holding the video appears with the video showing in the main portion of the window. Complete the remaining fields or other configuration items for the thing you are creating, and click Publish.