These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the May 14-15, 2019 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact email@example.com.
Our typical two-week release cycle will continue as normal into May. However, to accommodate the US Memorial Day Holiday, we have adjusted our release cycle as follows:
- May 14-15 (this one)
- June 4-5 (three weeks from previous)
After that our release schedule will resume two-week intervals until mid-December.
Blackboard and Moodle can now accept Echo360 Video Assignment submissions from students. Echo360 has updated the Blackboard Building Block and the Moodle Plugin so that Instructors can add Assignments to their courses that allow students to submit videos from their Echo360 content library.
Once submitted as an assignment, Echo360 locks down the video and the student cannot edit or delete it.
- For Blackboard, see Configuring Blackboard for Use with Echo360, which provides an overview and links to the other relevant articles in the Using Echo360 with Blackboard topic group.
- For Moodle, see Configuring Moodle for use with Echo360, which provides an overview and links to the other relevant articles in the Using Echo360 with Moodle topic group.
HLS for video on demand (VOD) playback is now available in selected Beta! We are in the process of transitioning the way we deliver content from HTML5 to HLS (HTTP live streaming). Customers who have opted into selected beta testing will now be able to toggle HLS playback on or off for their Institution.
- For more information on the beta program, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or your Echo360 Representative.
Video View Heatmap now available in the new Content Details page. The new content details page for Instructors and Students, now has a Heatmap button, that provides an overlay on the video playback panel that graphs the relative number of views of each :30 segment of the video. The new heatmap view data corresponds with the view data shown in the new Analytics tab on the content details page, introduced with the last release (see below!).
- See Video Analytics on the Content Details Page for more information.
- When re-entering a class that has already been viewed, if the video had been played to within five seconds of the end, playback will automatically start again from the beginning of the video.
- We have made improvements to a user's cached login session for devices (all desktop applications as well as the device Web UI, Universal Capture: Device, and Universal Capture: Online). NOTE however, that all previous login sessions will be cleared, and you will be required to log in again after this update.
- Addressed an issue in the classroom playback surrounding inconsistent behavior when selecting different view sources while the video was paused.
- Addressed an issue where some mobile users were not able to view or submit responses to activity slides but were not showing an error. This was released as a hotfix.
- Resolved an issue where scheduled captures could potentially be missed on appliances if an ad hoc capture was done prior to the scheduled one. This was released as a hotfix.
- Fixed an issue where edited captures were not displaying the correct version of the video when re-entering the editor.
- Fixed an issue where playback would sometimes not resume when re-entering a class that had been partially viewed.
- Fixed an issue where the wrong error message was being displayed if an admin attempted to create a new user with a non-unique SSO ID.
- Fixed an issue where if a user selected the Asia/Yangon time zone, the section class list would not load properly.