These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the March 5-6, 2019 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact email@example.com.
On March 19, 2019, Echo360 will begin to enforce best practices as outlined in our SDKs when utilizing any endpoints where paging is an option on data returns from our API. Specifically, we will enforce a minimum return set of 1, a default return set of 100, and a maximum return set of 150. We are implementing this change to ensure the best performance of our APIs and to harden our system moving forward.
If your API integration code is expecting result sets greater than 150 in a single request and is currently not able to page through multiple result sets of that size or smaller, then your integration may stop working as you will not be able to request a result set larger than 150 with a single request after this change. If this is the case, we encourage you to update your integration code prior to March 19th.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our support team either through our support portal (https://support.echo360.com) or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Echo360 Easy Embed button can now be made available for Students! The Echo360 embed button, available for Canvas, Blackboard, and Moodle, can now be configured so that Students can embed Echo360 videos from their libraries into LMS Content windows.
NOTE that both the Student Content Library and Public Links for Students (institutional toggles) must be ON for students to embed Echo360 media.
- For Canvas, if you have the embed button already enabled, it is now visible and available for Students to use. No additional configuration is necessary.
- For Blackboard, you do not have to update the Building Block but you do have to change the safe HTML policy configuration. See Configuring Blackboard to allow Students to use the Echo360 Video Library Mashups option.
- For Moodle, you must upgrade to the new Atto Plug-in (available for admins from the Downloads page) and make a change to the trusted sites security setting for students in Moodle. See Configuring Moodle to allow Students to use the Echo360 Embed Button
Users can now Share media with others and generate Video Links directly from the new Content Home page. The new Share Settings modal with its new sharing interface is now available, making access to these features easier and more convenient.
- The Analytics Tab for Instructors has been reorganized slightly to provide clearer labeling for some of its contents.
- The original Engagement tab on the left has been renamed to Weighting, to reflect the sliders contained there that allow instructors to weight each aspect of Engagement scoring.
- Least Engaged Students and Confusion marked locations are now located on their own tab called Engagement. Separating these items out into their own location allows instructors to more easily find and address problems with class materials or struggling students.
- The Admin Dashboard has been updated to provide better and more accurate information.
- The ASR Allocation card has been removed while we work on enhancements to better align granted and purchased allocations to contract terms. Your ASR usage data is available from your Echo360 representative on a monthly basis.
- The Captures card has been replaced with the Completed Captures card, giving at-a-glance information regarding completed captures for the last 30 days.
- Removed the Alternate Login link from the Mobile Apps login page. This ensures users are not inadvertently trying to use the full Echo360 site from a mobile device. This has been replaced with a link to the Online Help for creating an Echo360 password if necessary for the user, which also includes a note for SSO users who may get stuck in a login loop due to a missing configuration in their user profile.
- Resolved an issue where Active (already registered) users were receiving a registration email when enrolled to a new section.
- Resolved an issue with Universal Capture for Windows where captures could potentially fail when initialized.
- Resolved an issue where, when playing back long captures (over 2 hours), a user’s session could expire causing playback to stop.