These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the November 13-14, 2018 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact email@example.com.
PLEASE NOTE: Our typical two-week release cycle will continue as normal into December. To accommodate the end of year holidays, there will be a 4-week break prior to the first deployment in January 2019. Our deployment dates for the upcoming releases are as follows:
- Nov 13-14 (this one)
- Nov 27-28
- Dec 11-12
- Jan 8-9, 2019 (four weeks from previous)
Universal Capture – Personal for MAC is now available!! Universal Capture - Personal Mode is now out of Beta testing and is available for all institutions to install and use.
Echo360 Universal Capture is the simplest video application for education, providing uniform capabilities across modes and operating systems, enabling a consistent and familiar user experience.
See Universal Capture - Overview for details and links to further information and instructions.
- The ASR Transcription language in AU/ANZ region will now use the Australian English language processor. This should result in better quality transcriptions for our Australian users.
- We have added an additional security feature within the Echo identity provider (IdP) for institutions using Single-sign-on (SSO). Repeated login attempts with an incorrect password now result in a temporary lockout.
- Universal Capture now supports Automatic Proxy Detection for Unauthenticated Servers.
- Increased the count-down in Universal Capture when pressing the Record button, so that the recording starts as soon as the application minimizes.
- Editing a Capture Schedule no longer removes classes from their Groups in the Class List. If the edits ADD classes (extending the end date, or adding a day to the recurring schedule), those new classes are added to the main class list.
- Updates to the Forgot Password email text.
- Embedded YouTube videos in Media Slides are now consistently being displayed properly in the slide.
- The Live Stream indicator within the Universal Capture UI is now appropriately removed when stopping a Live Stream early.
- Resolved an issue with Universal Capture Live Streams where the audio was sped up.
- Desire2Learn/BrightSpace user role mappings have been added to the online help.