These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the September 18-19, 2018 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Echo360 integration with Amazon Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) transcription service is now available!! Echo360 has integrated with Amazon’s ASR transcription service, to provide automated transcriptions of Echo360 video and audio media.
The ASR Service is turned OFF by default, but can be enabled for the institution. When enabled, all captures are sent for automatic transcriptions when they are published. The transcriptions appear with the media in the classroom.
Even if you decide not to use the ASR service, transcriptions can be manually generated and uploaded for video/audio media, and displayed in the classroom.
The Admin Dashboard also now contains an ASR Allocation card that shows the total number of ASR hours allotted to your institution, along with the total usage to date.
- The video player in the Content Details page now provides updated playback functionality, mimicking the options as well as the look/feel of video playback within a classroom.
- Media with very long names are now able to be properly handled by the media processor.
- Addressed an issue where some users were not able to access migrated content.
- Updated the capture schedule date validation to be sure captures cannot be scheduled more than 5 years into the future.
- Subsequent uploads of closed caption files (to replace existing ones) now properly and immediately replace the older caption files.
- User avatar thumbnails should again be properly appearing in all locations in the UI.
- Bookmarks in the Study Guide as well as media reference locations in the Q&A tab are no longer allowing students to view the media if the media has been made “unavailable” in the classroom. Students should receive a popup notifying them that the media is unavailable.
- Bookmarks set for videos in the classroom should again allow students to unbookmark the location if clicked a second time within the :30 segment.