These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the June 26-27, 2018 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We have released the Mobile App for Kindle! It is available on the Amazon App store at the following URL (or just search for Echo360 in Amazon Apps & Games): https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DHV8B15
In addition, the iOS version of the Mobile App now also contains the new Notes feature (announced for Android in the 2018-06-05 Release Notes), for taking notes in class, adding bookmarks, and reviewing all of your notes and bookmarks in one place (the Study Guide). See Using Notes and Bookmarks in the Mobile App
- The Device Monitor Service is now available to be installed on Windows 10 as a Service. This allows for the Delcom USB HID Visual Signal Indicator (also referred to as the “puck light” or “capture status light”) to act as a status light for captures in scheduled environments, without being tied to an individual user account. See Installing the Device Monitor as a Service
The Device Monitor Software has also been updated with a variety of bug fixes and a few UI enhancements, in response to requests from customers.
- SSO Authentication for Video Access URLs: Access Links for Videos (formerly called Public Links) now have a Public and Private option, replacing the "Authenticate" slider. Furthermore, Private-configured links now pass users through their institution's Single-sign-on (SSO) authentication if applicable. See Getting a Video's Public or Embeddable Link.
- Captures that do not have source files for them anymore can now be edited using the Echo360 video editor.
- Various documentation updates, including Mobile Apps new features, PingOne configuration clarifications, and instructions for cleaning an SCHD air filter.
- FileStack Uploads now allow for selection of files from Microsoft OneDrive for Business.
- Updates to the Language translations for text elements in the Echo360 UI.
- Capture Schedule Creation and Capture Deletions have been added to the Audit Trail report listing.
- The List View for the Rooms page now provides the MAC address and the IP address of all devices connected to rooms.
- Added a Clear All link to the Top Sections report to clear any filters currently applied.
- Top Sections report now includes integration with video confusion.
- Resolved an issue surrounding FileStack uploads that would freeze and not resume, typically caused by slow or compromised network connectivity.
- Returned closed captioning to some migrated captures (from the ESS) where the captions files were associated with the videos but were not being displayed on playback.
- Resolved an issue where sometimes images embedded into Multiple Choice Activity slides were broken and not showing up in the slide.