These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the June 5-6, 2018 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE NOTE: Our typical two-week release cycle is being slightly altered for the end of June (2Q). Our deployment dates for the upcoming releases are as follows:
- June 5-6 (this one)
- June 26-27
- Android Mobile App users can now take classroom notes in the app! The Android version of the Echo360 mobile app (version 3.0 of the app) now provides a Notes page, so that Students can take notes on classroom content directly in the App.
The Notes feature for the iOS version of the app is slated to be released shortly.
IMPORTANT NOTIFICATION FOR ANDROID 4.X DEVICE USERS: Between now and the end of June, Echo360 servers will be updated for security certification to remove TLS1 security. This change will make Android 5.x devices the minimum supported version for the Echo360 Mobile App. All Android 4.x users are already receiving a banner in the app, notifying them of the end of support in June 2018, requiring them to upgrade for continued access.
Once the server change is made, all Mobile Apps installed on an Android 4.x device will be immediately logged out, and the user will not be able to log in. The app will display a banner explaining why.
- The Top Sections Report, accessed by clicking the Top Sections card on the Admin Dashboard, now contains an Export button, allowing Admins to download the report to CSV file. There are also filters on the columns, allowing Admins to filter the data being shown in the report.
- Resolved an issue where capture schedules were randomly having sections removed. This was being caused by a cleanup script used to unlink deleted sections from a capture schedule. We have added additional checks to ensure that the section has been deleted before unlinking it from the schedule.
- Resolved an issue surrounding the Captcha response on the User Registration page not resetting if the user had to change incorrect or problematic field data after initial submission.
- The Echo360 EULA and Privacy Statement are now readable when appearing in the Echo360 Continuing Education Conference.CAST platform (both desktop and mobile).
- Updated the SwaggerDocs UI for the sections > update secondary instructors call, to reflect that the response returned is simply a 200 > OK rather than a JSON response.
- Stopping a scheduled capture while in pre-roll now results in the capture state in Echo360 being "Cancelled" rather than "Error".
- Improved logging for the POD capture appliance.
- Performing a search in the Q&A tab now returns both questions and responses that match the entered search text.