These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the May 22-23, 2018 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact email@example.com.
PLEASE NOTE: Our typical two-week release cycle is being slightly altered for the end of June (2Q). Our deployment dates for the upcoming releases are as follows:
- May 22-23 (this one)
- June 5-6
- June 26-27
You can read more about GDPR and our changes here: https://echo360.com/gdpr-coming-good-thing/
- User Deletion – Admins can now delete users from the system when they must be removed. Upon deletion, all user-identifiable information is removed from the system. Student Analytics remain for deleted users, but are associated with “Deleted User”. This retains the data but not the user to whom the data pertains. The Audit Trail report does show which user enacted the deletion, and which user was deleted from the system, for accountability purposes.
For more information about what happens on user deletion, see Deleting Users in the online help.
- Top Sections Report – The Top Sections card on the Admin Dashboard now provides access to a more detailed Top Sections Report. This report lists the sections in the current term(s) in order by most actively engaged. The report can be resorted as needed.
For more information about the Top Sections Report, see Top Sections Report in the online help.
- Made improvements to search functionality across the site, so that partial text searches now yield appropriate results.
- Improved device.xml validations, to resolve an issue where devices sometimes could not get new/updated credentials in a timely manner.
- Hardened the “Inactive” status for users, so that users who are made inactive in Echo360 but are still active in the LMS can no longer reactivate their account by passing into Echo360 from the LMS.
- Admins will now receive a clearer error message if they attempt to add a device to a room with a MAC address already in use.
- Resolved an issue where media was disappearing from the Library page view unless specifically searched for.
- Stopping a scheduled capture during the “pre-roll” period now no longer blocks the starting of an ad hoc capture as soon as the device is able to get a new task list.