These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the April 24-25, 2018 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Capture Availability now configurable on Capture Schedules! The Echo360 Schedule interface now provides the ability to set capture availability for each section to which the capture is published. Admins can set a delayed availability, and/or set delayed unavailability for completed captures.
See Creating and Scheduling Captures as well as Managing Capture Schedules.
- Audit Trail Report now available on the Admin Dashboard! The Audit Trail report essentially helps admins track changes to the system, and provides the following information:
- A time/date stamp for when the action occurred.
- The email address of the logged in user who performed the action.
- The type of item changed; currently limited to Organization, Dept, Term, Section, Course, and User
- Whether the item was Added, Deleted, or Modified
- A brief description of the action
See Audit Trail Report for more information.
NOTE: Audit trail report information is available from April 2018 forward. Also know that while longer reports do paginate (showing 30 entries on each screen) the report does not yet show a total count of entries or total number of pages. The total number of audit trail entries IS shown on the Audit Trail card on the Admin Dashboard.
EnhancementsAdded documentation articles on the following subjects:
- PingOne configuration instructions/guidelines that will allow Echo360 to automatically create new users as necessary when passed through an SSO section access link. See Configuring PingOne for SSO-Enabled Section Access Links (Admins) and Creating and Managing SSO-Enabled Section Access Links (Instructors)
- Procedures for embedding Echo360 videos into LMS (or other) content windows without the aid of an Echo360 embed videos button. See Embedding Videos into LMS Content Windows
- HDCP issues that cause Echo360 to not capture content output from Mac computers with HDCP implemented. See HDCP Content and Echo360 Captures
- Resolved an issue with the Moodle Plug-in not showing for download. In addition, have added version numbering to the plugin download file to ensure users are clear on which version they are using.
Embed video button in Canvas now respects Delegated Admin settings for Org/Dept admins, filtering to show only the captures to which they should have access based on DA configuration.
- Resolved an inconsistency between the number of students shown on the Student Activity card on the Admin Dashboard and the number of student users shown in the Users page.
- Completed backfill of student activity data to correlate actions shown in the scatterplot graph of the instructor's Analytics > Engagement tab against those shown in the Student Activity card of the Admin Dashboard.