Because Mobile Apps are designed to be used "on the go", internet connectivity isn't always guaranteed. Or, some mobile users do not want to use "cellular" data allotments to view class materials. The Echo360 mobile apps have an Offline Mode that allows you to download the videos for classes while you have an internet connection then view them later when you do not.
Note that offline mode viewing is currently only available for video media; you cannot download slide decks and view them offline.
Offline Mode viewing via the Mobile Apps does not provide viewing statistics for instructors; Echo360 cannot know if you have viewed the downloaded video, or what percentage of it you have viewed. Therefore it cannot reflect offline viewing in the class/video view analytics provided to instructors. If this metric is a critical part of your section grading, you may want to also view the class via a desktop browser, in order to receive viewing credit.
To download class videos for viewing offline:
- Select a section to view the class list.
- Tap the class menu for the class whose video you want to download.
- Select Download Video. If the class video has two video feeds, select which to download (you can download both and view them in offline mode).
Once downloaded, the class is shown with an Available Offline icon and text to indicate the class video is available on the device and can be viewed without internet connectivity.
- Repeat the download steps for all classes you want to have available for offline viewing.
To view downloaded classes in offline mode
- Open the Main Menu of the app (click the back-arrow from the class list to show all sections in the term, then click the Menu icon in the top left corner).
- Select Go Offline.
When you are in offline mode, simply click the class you want to view. Note that ONLY classes for which you have previously downloaded the video(s) are available for offline viewing.