Echo360 is a web-based application that uses a browser to view content and as such has certain browser requirements. Beyond ensuring you're using a supported browser, there are also some configuration settings you may need to check or change to successfully use Echo360.
If you access Echo360 directly through the Echo360 URL, you may not need to change any of your browser configurations. However, if you access Echo360 through an LMS such as Canvas or Moodle or Blackboard, and PARTICULARLY if the Echo360 window is opened inside of a browser frame, the below-listed changes to the Firefox browser settings will likely be necessary in order to view Echo360 class recordings and LIVE streams as provided.
Enabling Cookies in Firefox
Cookies contain some of the current session and authorization information we need to know who you are and to allow you to view content. This is especially important where a main website such as the LMS or your University Portal tries to open Echo360 inside of a frame. In this case, the cookies are necessary for the two authentication mechanisms to talk to each other and open Echo360 content for you.
As with most browsers, the cookie settings reside in the Privacy and Security area of Firefox browser settings. The good news is that Firefox default setting for cookies is to always allow cookies, meaning if you have retained the default settings for the browser, you probably don't need to make any changes. But you might want to check just to be sure.
To review or change Firefox history and cookie settings
- Launch Firefox
- Click the Settings icon and select Options from the menu that appears, as shown in the below figure.
- From the Options page that appears, select Privacy & Security from the selections on the left.
- Check the History section of the page. The default setting is to Remember history. This also allows all cookies to be set from both first-party and third-party websites. If this is your current setting, you may leave it as is.
- If the History setting has been changed to a custom configuration, you must be sure to enable Accept cookies from websites, and that Accept third-party cookies is set to Always, as shown in the below figure.
- When finished, you can close the Options tab.