These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the March 6-7, 2018 release of Echo360. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Release Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact email@example.com.
PLEASE NOTE: Our typical two-week release cycle is being slightly altered for the end of March. Our deployment dates for the upcoming releases are as follows:
- March 6-7 (this one)
- March 27-28
- The Moodle Video Embed plug-in is here!! Echo360 and Moodle Administrators can now download and install the Echo360 embed plugin, to allow Instructors and Administrators embed videos into HTML Content windows in Moodle.
- The installation and configuration steps for the plugin are documented in this article: Adding an Echo360 Button to a Moodle Content Editor Toolbar
Instructions for embedding videos using the button are located in this article: Embedding Echo360 videos into Moodle
- Schedulers now have access to Imports/Exports tab – Scheduler role users can now use the Imports/Exports tab to create, update, and delete Courses, Sections, and Schedules via CSV import. It is the same import functionality available to Admins, but the options provided are scaled down to only those items available to Schedulers.
See the articles located in the following help topic: CSV Imports and Exports
- The Echo360 .NET and Java SDK were updated to version 1.0.19, and include an LTI field update as well as improvements to token refreshing.
- Enhanced capture tasking to handle the possibility of device updates overlapping, which if it occurs could potentially cause a missed capture.
- An instructor creating a class no longer receives a “Time is invalid” error when accepting the auto-populated Start time in the New Class dialog box.
- Instructors can again download content they own from the class list regardless of any content download toggle settings.
- Disabled the ability for Anonymous users to navigate to <echourl>/home via the URL address bar, and removed the link to <echourl>/home (the Dashboard) page from the Echo360 logo in the top left corner of the UI for all users.
- Fixed an issue where the one-touch profile’s audio selections (for both POD and PRO) were not reflected on the VU meter following a capture.