When creating rooms, you must select a campus and building for the room. Use the above procedure to create these items if necessary. Once the system has rooms, you can assign a device to each room and configure section schedules for each room.
See Bulk Import Rooms for instructions on using a CSV file to import multiple rooms (and campuses and buildings, if appropriate).
To add rooms using the interface
- From the main menu, select ROOMS.
- At the upper right of the Room Management screen, click ADD ROOM.
- From the list, select the Campus where the room is located.
- From the list, select the Building where the room is located.
- In the Room box, enter a name, number, or another identifier for the room.
- Click SAVE.
The new room appears on the Room Management screen with a big button that says ADD DEVICE TO ROOM. The room cannot be used for capturing a class until it contains a device.