In order for students to access the Echo360 content for a course, a link to the Echo360 external tool must be added to each course site.
Who can do this? A Sakai Admin can do this for all sites, or an Instructor or non-managing Teacher can do this for their own sites.
To add the Echo360 LTI tool link to a site
- Log in to Sakai and navigate to the sitelist for your workspace. If you are an instructor, select Worksite Setup from the My Workspace page.
- Enable the checkbox for the course site you want to add the Echo360 link to, and click Edit.
- Select the Edit Tools button from the top of the page.
- Enable the checkboxes for all the tools you want to appear on the left navigation for the course.
- Scroll to the BOTTOM of the list and expand the Plugin Tools option.
- Enable the checkbox for the Echo360 tool that should appear there.
- When finished, click Continue.
- Confirm your selections on the next screen and click Finish.
When the user accesses the Site, they will now see the selected tools, including the Echo360 Tool link, listed in the left navigation. When the instructor first clicks the link, they will be able to select the Echo360 Section to link to this Sakai site. Students will click this tool link to view classroom media and other Echo functionality.