This page describes how to set up and install the Echo360 Pro (Pro). After you complete this procedure, continue with configuring the Echo360 Pro.
The allowable operating temperature of the Echo360 PRO device is between 0° – 50° C (32° – 122° F). Be sure to install the device in a location where the temperature around the unit does not exceed this limit. If operated in an environment where temperatures exceed this limit, the unit may overheat and malfunction permanently.
- Unpack the box and confirm you have all of the items listed below. There should be three separate pieces, including two mounting brackets.
- Echo360 Pro
- Power cord
- Two mounting brackets
The mounting brackets only come with newly purchased devices. If you receive a replacement device through an RMA, please reuse your mounts rather than returning them with the defective unit. Additional rack mounting kits can be requested.
- Echo360 Pro
- Place the Pro where you want it.
The Echo360 Pro cannot record HDCP-restricted content: Be sure to install your capture appliances in a room that does not include devices protected by HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection). Echo360 capture appliances cannot record high-definition content protected by HDCP.
If instructors are in the habit of bringing their own devices and plugging them into a console for display recording, note that newer Mac computers have HDCP enabled. In some cases, instructors will attempt to play HD content that is restricted by HDCP on the Mac, causing the display feed to be blank, to appear as disconnected, or to record/return very low quality resolution. In this case, users can play the content in Standard Definition or attempt another workaround.
- Observe the safety standards that apply to the installation location.
- If required, follow the instructions in Install Mounting Brackets on Pro.
- Be sure to ground the appliance properly. See Ground the Capture Appliance below.
- On the back of the Pro, find the label with the device's MAC address. Write down the MAC address. You will need this information to assign the device to a room.
- Connect the power cord to the Pro and a wall outlet.
- Connect the Pro to the network.
- If you are using RCA connectors, insert them. If you are using the audio bare wire block, see Configuring Balanced Audio Input for Capture Appliances.
- Connect the video and/or display devices to either of the input channels (labeled Channel 1 and Channel 2). For supported inputs, please see our product specifications.
- Turn on the Pro.
- Continue with the procedures in Configure the Echo360 Pro.
Ground the Capture Appliance
If you do not properly ground the capture appliance, you may introduce electrical issues. Do the following:
- Be sure to use the 3-prong power cable provided to plug the capture appliance into a grounded (3-prong) socket. Using a 3-prong cable ensures that your appliance is properly grounded.
- If you must use a 2-prong socket, then you must also ground the appliance. Attach one end of a ground wire to any of the chassis screws on the back of the appliance. Attach the other end to a natural earth ground.