The mounting brackets may be used to mount the Echo360 PRO (the capture appliance) in several configurations. This document describes how to install the mounting brackets that let you mount the capture appliance in a rack.
The allowable operating temperature of the Echo360 PRO device is between 0° – 50° C (32° – 122° F). Be sure to install the device in a location where the temperature around the unit does not exceed this limit. If operated in an environment where temperatures exceed this limit, the unit may overheat and malfunction permanently.
Rack mount configuration
To mount the capture appliance in an A/V rack, you must first install the mounting brackets.
What you'll need:
- A #1 Phillips screwdriver.
- Proper rack clips and screws for your A/V rack. Please contact your A/V rack supplier. Echo360 does not supply these items.
- The rack mount kit that came in the packing box with the new capture appliance. It contains two mounting brackets and eight 4-40 X 3/8” Phillips flat-head machine screws.
The rack mount kit only comes with newly purchased devices. If you receive a replacement device through an RMA, please reuse your mounts rather than returning them with the defective unit. Additional rack mounting kits can be requested.
Bracket installation for rack mounting
- Place the capture appliance on a flat work surface with the foot assemblies facing upward.
- Remove the four plastic feet from the bottom of the unit. Each foot is secured with one screw. You will not need the screws and feet for this mounting configuration but may wish to save them.
- Flip the device over and place on a flat surface facing front or rear depending on desired mounting configuration. Remove the four screws on each side of the enclosure (eight screws total). You will not need the screws for this mounting configuration but may wish to save them.
- Find the eight long screws provided in the rack mount kit. Use these screws to attach one mounting bracket to each side.
- Compare the finished capture appliance with the following two figure(s). Notice that the mounting brackets are parallel with the front/ rear panel.
- Install the capture appliance in the A/V rack.