Capture ownership is established in several ways:
- The instructor selected for a scheduled capture is identified as the owner. Those captures appear in the instructor's library.
- The instructor who initiates an ad hoc capture from the Echo360 UI is identified as the owner of the generated capture.
- A user uploads a video to their library or directly to a class where they are an instructor.
- A user who edits a video and selects to Save As, to create a copy with the edits, is the owner of the copy.
In some cases, the Administrator is the capture owner, and in other cases, the capture may have no owner. Administrators can control all aspects of system captures by virtue of being administrators, but they do not have a Library page that indicates ownership.
If a user is made inactive in the institution, the captures they owned are still owned by them but only the administrator has full control or visibility of them (outside of any existing sections where the content was published). Some institutions may want students to upload video content but then change ownership to an instructor so that the instructor can publish it to a class.
For situations where the owner of a capture needs to change or an owner needs to be assigned to content, the Administrator can edit the owner via the Content Details page.
NOTE: This capability only applies to video media; presentations uploaded by users are not visible to Administrators.
To change the content owner (videos and captures only)
- Log in as an Administrator.
- On the CAPTURES page, filter or search for the capture(s) whose ownership you want to change.
- Click on the capture row to open the capture details page.
- Click the Owner name, located at the top of the right column below the capture preview pane. If there is no owner, click the edit (pencil) icon.
- In the Edit owner dialog box that appears, use the drop-down list to select a different owner. Begin typing the name or email address of the target instructor in the text box to filter the list.
- Click DONE.
NOTE: Only Active or Invited status Instructors appear in the drop-down list.
The new owner will see the content in their LIBRARY page and can edit it, share it, and publish it to any courses where they are instructors.