Capture ownership is established in several ways:
- The instructor selected for a scheduled capture is identified as the owner. Those captures appear in the instructor's library.
- The instructor who initiates an ad hoc capture from the Echo360 UI is identified as the owner of the generated capture.
- A user uploads a video to their library
- An instructor uploads a video directly to a class in their section.
- A user creates a copy of media, either from a section class list, or from the Shared with me page of their Library.
- A user edits a video and selects to Save As, to create a copy with the edits.
In the above situations, an instructor or a student is the owner. In some cases, the Administrator is the capture owner, and in other cases, the capture may have no owner. If a user is made inactive in the institution, the captures they owned are still owned by them but only the administrator has full control or visibility of them (outside of any existing sections where the content may be published). If a user is deleted, the content they own in the system remains, but has None as the owner.
For situations like these where the owner of a capture needs to change or an owner needs to be assigned, the Administrator can edit the owner via the Content Details page.
Limitations of changing ownership:
- Only Instructors can be selected as the new target owner, or None (no owner). Instructors must be Active or Invited (not Inactive).
- This capability only applies to video media; presentation media are not visible to Admins.
To change the content owner (videos and captures only)
- Log in as an Administrator.
- On the CAPTURES page, filter or search for the capture(s) whose ownership you want to change.
- Click on the capture row to open the capture details page.
- Click the Owner name, located at the top of the right column below the capture preview pane. If there is no owner, click the edit (pencil) icon.
- In the Edit owner dialog box that appears, use the drop-down list to select a different owner. Begin typing the name or email address of the target instructor in the text box to filter the list.
- Click DONE.
NOTE: Only Active or Invited status Instructors appear in the drop-down list.
The new owner will see the content in their LIBRARY page and can edit it, share it, and publish it to any courses where they are instructors.