Managing users in Echo360 involves adding the users to the system, assigning one or more roles to the users, and if applicable, associating users with one or more course sections. Furthermore, you can assign each user a particular role for each section if their default role does not apply. For example, you may have a teaching assistant who is an instructor for some classes but a student for others.
You can add users to Echo360 in the following ways:
- Bulk Import - Add multiple users at once by importing a properly formatted CSV file.
- Manual - Add users individually through the interface.
Users added to the system can be assigned any of five roles: administrator, scheduler, instructor, teaching assistant, or student. All users in the system appear on the Users page, accessed from the main menu.
The Users page lists all the users along with the "state" of the user. The State field indicates the following:
- Invited - User has been invited but has not yet responded.
- Active - User responded to the invitation and completed account registration with Echo360.
- Inactive - User has been deactivated; user account exists in the system but user cannot log in. User can be made active again at any time without requiring them to re-register their account.
Do not deactivate system-generated anonymous users. Public access links to sections require the creation of anonymous users in the system, allowing non-registered users to "pose" as these users to view sections. Deactivating these users can restrict or eliminate public access to sections that should be available to non-registered users. If you see a user whose name or email address begins with "Anon-", that user is likely one of the anonymous users set up for public section link access.