Typically, when an instructor first accesses Echo360 through their LMS course, the LMS system passes through their name and email address, and Echo automatically creates the user as an Instructor. This ensures that Echo360 displays the proper items for the instructor when accessing their Echo courses.
However, some administrators want to maintain stricter controls over user creation in Echo360 and would prefer to create those users separately rather than automatically through the LMS.
To allow for this, Administrators can disable the Automated Instructor Provisioning feature. When disabled, if an instructor attempts to access Echo360 through the LMS and Echo does not have them as a user (based on email address), they receive a "User not found" error.
IMPORTANT: Echo360 identifies users via unique email addresses. The email address for the user in the LMS must match the email address for the user in Echo360.
To disable automatic instructor creation from the LMS
- Log in as an administrator.
- Click the Settings icon in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- From the Settings menu, select Institution Settings.
The Institution appears at the top of the list and is selected by default.
- On the right side of the Institution Settings page, click Features.
- Under Features, disable the Automated Instructor Provisioning toggle switch (it is enabled by default).
- Click Yes on the confirmation message that appears.
Automated instructor creation through the LMS is now disabled. Administrators must add the instructors in Echo separately, being absolutely sure the email address for the instructor is the same in Echo as it is in the LMS. Otherwise, the user will receive a 'User not found' error.