End of Support for Classroom Capture
August 30th, 2019: The download links for CCAP will be removed from the platform. This is also the end of support date for these applications in Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA). While the applications will likely continue to work for the rest of the year, there will be no support available. Clients in the EMEA region should plan a full transition to Universal Capture before this time. Clients in other regions can continue to use existing CCAP installations but will no longer have the ability to download it.
January 15th, 2020: This date marks both the end of life and the end of support for these applications globally. As of this date, CCAP will cease to work with the Echo360 platform due to enhancements in the capture pipeline that will only work with Universal Capture. It is of utmost importance that all Echo360 clients complete their transition to Universal Capture by this time.
Once Classroom Capture (CCAP) is installed and has been assigned to a room, you can configure the device input settings for the room.
Room configuration, described below, defines which devices will be used to capture each input type (audio, video, display, second video). The input to be captured for each class (i.e., A/D/V or A/V) is configured on the capture schedule.
To set classroom capture defaults:
- Navigate to the ROOMS page.
- Use the filtering drop-down lists and/or Search text box to find the room containing the CCAP device.
- Hover your mouse over the Room tile to show the menu arrow in the top-right corner of the tile.
- Click the menu arrow and select Configure.
The Configure Room dialog box appears, with the capture input section at the top of the box. The options are described in more detail in the section below.
- Scroll down to see the Configurations section at the bottom of the box.
- When finished making changes, click SAVE to retain your changes, click DOWNLOAD to download a device.xml file with the configuration shown, or click SAVE AND DOWNLOAD to do both.
Setting input devices for capture
The capture input section of the Configure Room page allows you to select which devices will be used to capture each input type. Your options include all of the installed capture devices (cameras, microphones, and display inputs) that have been installed on the machine and are detected by CCAP.
CCAP must always be configured to capture audio. If there is no audio input device installed on the CCAP machine, you will not be able to schedule captures. By default, CCAP uses the integrated microphone on the PC (if one is detected).
When you configure a capture for the room (scheduled or one-time), you can select what inputs you want to capture. The Room configurations described here identify which devices are used for each input type.
NOTE: These settings only identify the device to be used for an input; the capture configuration identifies what inputs to capture.
To set the audio input device
- In the Audio section of the Configure Room dialog box, use the drop-down list to select the audio device you want to use.
To set the display input device
- In the Display/Video section of the Configure Room dialog box, enable the Display slider, then use the drop-down list to select the display input you want to use.
By default, CCAP will use the primary display of the computer. If the computer has a secondary display attached, you can select that instead.
- If the Secondary Display device is a SmartBoard (such as a SmartINK board) that includes the capability of identifying annotations to the main display, you can enable the Capture Layers toggle for the Display input. This ensures that the CCAP display capture includes these layered annotations.
To set the primary video input device
- In the Display/Video section of the Configure Room dialog box, enable the Video slider, then use the drop-down list to select the video device you want to use.
To set the secondary video input device
- In the Secondary Video section of the Configure Room dialog box, enable the Video slider, then use the drop-down list to select the video device you want to use.
NOTE: The Secondary Video section of the Configure Room dialog box does not appear unless the Primary Video slider is enabled.