Personal Capture (PCAP) is a stand-alone application designed to be used by Instructors on their personal computers to generate captures outside of the classroom environment.
The topics in this section of the Online Help provide installation and user instructions for Personal Capture for Mac and include:
- Install Personal Capture for Mac - you may also want to refer to the note on this page regarding recent changes to the downloaded installer
- Configure Personal Capture for Mac
- Configure Recording Devices for Personal Capture for Mac
- Create a Recording in Personal Capture for Mac
- Review and Edit a Recording in Personal Capture for Mac
- Publish a Recording from Personal Capture for Mac
PCAP cannot record high-definition content that is protected by High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP). Newer Mac models have HDCP enabled, which restricts the playback of some types of content in high-definition. If you attempt to record the display feed of HDCP-protected content, the display may be blank, be shown as disconnected, or may record in very low resolution/quality. You can play the content in Standard Definition, or attempt another workaround (search Apple forums for possible solutions).
Refer also to:
- Personal Capture Specifications - for minimum Mac system requirements
- Supported Devices for Personal Capture Mac for a list of supported microphones and cameras.
See Personal Capture For Windows for instructions for Windows users.
Known Issues for capture on some Retina Display Mac models. See Using PCAP Mac on Retina Display Models for information on workarounds and configuration settings to get the best possible output for your PCAP Mac recordings.