To use Desire2Learn (D2L) with Echo360's active learning platform, you need to configure Echo360 as an external tool in D2L, then link that tool to each course where the classroom media/content will be delivered through Echo360.
- Enable the Desire2Learn LTI configuration in Echo360.
This generates the Key, Secret, and Host URL fields needed to set up the External Tool in Moodle.
- Adding Echo360 to Desire2Learn as an External LTI Tool
- Adding Echo360 Link to Desire2Learn Course.
This step can be done by the Admin or the Instructor.
- Click the link to Echo360 and select the Echo360 section to show to users through this Desire2Learn course page.
- If appropriate for your institution, Instructors may also choose to create multiple assessment links and link to individual classes within an Echo360 section.
Alternately, instructors or admins can create the Echo360 course and/or section through the tool interface. Whoever creates the section this way is automatically assigned as an instructor to the course.
- Users who log into Desire2Learn and click the Echo360 tool link are automatically passed through to the Echo360 section's class list, and automatically enrolled in the class with the corresponding user role.
NOTE: The procedures in these topics are provided as guidelines to the D2L LTI setup process. Refer to the D2L documentation for additional details, or contact D2L product support if you need further assistance.