To use Canvas with the Echo360 active learning platform, you need to create an Echo360 App in Canvas, then link it properly through the course.
- Enable the Canvas LTI configuration in Echo360.
This generates the Key, Secret, and Host URL fields needed to set up the External Tool in Canvas.
- Create the Echo360 App in canvas using the Echo360 LMS Configuration values.
- Add one or more Assignments page links in the Canvas course to the Echo360 external tool app (this allows Echo360 to export analytics to the Canvas Gradebook).
- Click the link to Echo360 and select the Echo360 Section to show to users through this Canvas Assignments page link.
If an Admin performs this step, that user is then enrolled in the Echo360 section as an Instructor; you may wish to unenroll yourself from these sections later.
- If appropriate for your institution, Instructors may also choose to create multiple assignment links and link to individual classes within an Echo360 section.
- Direct students to the Assignments page to access Echo360 content OR place Assignment links in the desired locations (such as Modules) in Canvas.
- Remove the Echo360 App link from the left navigation (optional - but left navigation link does not provide an entry for the Gradebook)
Once a student has entered Echo360 through an Assignments link, they can view content via the Echo360 link on the left, but they have to use each assignment link at least once to receive exported Echo360 grades.
- Alternately, instructors or admins can create the Echo360 course and/or section through the tool interface.
The user who creates the section this way is automatically assigned as an instructor to the course, the same as a user who links the section becomes an instructor in the Echo360 course.
- Users who log into Canvas and click the Echo360 tool link are automatically passed through to the Echo360 section's class list, and are automatically enrolled in the section with the corresponding user role.
While you can add the Echo360 App at the Course level, we strongly recommend adding it at the Account level. Adding the app to the Account automatically makes it available for every course configured for the account. It can be removed from individual courses if necessary.
If you really want to add the app to individual courses instead, you can still use the procedures in the above-linked topics, but select the course first, then configure settings and apps.
NOTE: The procedures in these topics are provided as guidelines to the Canvas LTI setup process. Refer to the Canvas documentation for additional details or contact Canvas product support if you need further assistance.