Terms are used to group course offerings by academic term (semester, trimester, quarter, etc.). They allow you to define a date range for the term, as well as define Exception dates during which classes are not held, such as holiday breaks or scheduled exam dates.
If a section's capture schedule has captures that fall on dates defined as Exception dates, those captures will not occur.
Terms must be created through the UI; they cannot be created via CSV import. Furthermore if using imports to create sections or assign users to sections, the term must exist before it can be identified in the import.
To add a new term
- Select COURSES from the main navigation bar at the top of the page.
- From the top of the page, click ADD TERM.
- Enter a term Name.
- Enter a Start Date and End Date for the term.
- Click Add Exception.
- Enter the Start Date and End Date for a date or period within the term when regular classes are not to be held, such as holidays or exam dates. Use format YYYY-MM-DD (e.g., 2014-09-01).
- If necessary, click Add Exception to include another date or range to exclude.
- Click SAVE.
Note about Exception Dates: When creating a recurring scheduled capture for a section, any captures slated for exception dates are not generated. You can, however, create one-time captures for a section to occur on an exception date. The system assumes you are aware of the exception date when you create the one-time section capture.