When they are published to a section, the publishing settings include Availability. This lets the publisher (admin or instructor) to set a start and/or end date for making the capture available for student viewing.
Captures that are auto-published to a section are available immediately upon completion (or when closed captioning is complete if the Delay availability until captioned setting is turned on). The instructor who owns the capture can set availability on a capture from their library page. Or an Administrator can set availability from the Capture Details page.
To set availability for a published capture
- Log in as an administrator and open the Captures page.
- Use the search box and/or the filters on the left to find the capture whose availability you want to change.
- Click on the capture row to open the Capture Details page for the capture.
- In the Publishing tab below the capture viewing panel, click the course row to expand it and see which sections the capture is published to.
- Click the section where you want to change the capture availability setting.
The Edit availability dialog box appears.
- In the Edit availability dialog box, configure the availability details as follows:
- Now - Makes the capture visible immediately to the individual or section. This is the default.
- On a specific date - Makes the capture available as of the date entered (yyyy-mm-dd).
- To set a window of availability, also select On a specific date under the Make unavailable section, and enter the date the capture is to become unavailable.
- Don't make available - Publishes the capture to the location (typically a section) but not available for student viewing. The instructor will see the capture in the class page, and can make the capture available to students as appropriate.
- When finished, click OK.