Echo360 users can share content with other users, however the functionality available for shared content is minimal (view, remove, and download if enabled). Instructors can now provide the ability for other instructors, students, or both to copy class-published content.
Creating a copy generates an exact copy of the media that the user now owns and which appears in their Library page.
Copies can be made of any item that has been published to a class in the section, including captures, uploaded videos, or presentations (including activity or media slides).
The Create copy feature can be enabled or disabled separately for instructors and students. Note that if these options are grayed out, your administrator may have disabled them at a higher level.
If enabled, the user sees the Create copy option on the content icon menu in the Class List.
Students cannot generate copies if the Student Library is disabled. Copies of content appear in the user's Library page. If the Student Library is disabled, they cannot access any copies they make. In this case, Echo360 does not show the Create copy option for students. If it has not been disabled by an Administrator, you may be able to see and toggle this option. However, if students do not have a Library page, they will not have the Create copy option, regardless of this setting.
To enable/disable student and/or instructor copying of published content
- Log in as an instructor.
- Navigate to the SETTINGS tab for the course.
- Select Features from the left side of the tab, identified in the above figure.
- Toggle on or off the Create copy options, defined as follows:
If the Student Library is disabled, students will not see the Create copy option even if this toggle is turned on. See above note for details.
- Allow instructors to copy course content - This allows other instructors in the section to make copies of any content from the class list (videos or presentations, including activities). The copy generated is an exact duplicate of the original and the user who initiated the copy is now the owner. The content appears in their Library page.
- Allow students to copy course content - This allows any student in the section to make copies of any content from the class list (videos or presentations, including activities). The copy generated is an exact duplicate of the original and the user who initiated the copy is the owner. The content appears in their Library page.
- Click OK on the confirmation message that appears.
The Create copy functionality is now set for the section.