The Content pages of the Echo Home page contain all the media you have access to outside of a classroom or course.
You may want to upload a video or upload a presentation to your library to edit it or to hold it until you are ready to publish it to a class or share it with another user.
Note for Students: Students can upload and share content with other Echo360 users, but cannot share/publish content to a course. Furthermore if you do not see an Upload button on your Echo Home page, it means that an administrator has disabled Student Content functionality.
The file you upload must be one of the Supported Content Formats or it will not be uploaded or processed.
Troubleshooting: If you use a plug-in (such as ChemDraw) to generate equations, molecular drawings, or other items for your PowerPoint presentation, you may find these being stripped or otherwise altered when you upload the file. In this case, convert the PPT to PDF and upload the PDF. Alternately, for Windows users (and Instructors only), use the Echo360 PowerPoint Ribbon add-on to publish the presentation. Both of these methods retain plug-in content in the presentation.
Exported graphics to PDF format is not supported. Some graphics programs will allow you to export or save a graphics file (.png, .jpg, .gif, etc.) as a .pdf file. While Echo360 will recognize it as a PDF and allow you to upload it, the media processing will fail.
To upload a file to your Echo Home Content
- Click the Echo logo in the top left corner to open your Echo Home page.
- Click UPLOAD located above the Courses and Content tabs.
- In the FileStack window, use the location selection on the left to identify where the file you want to upload resides, then follow the prompts. My Computer is selected by default
- Click the icon in the center of the screen to select the file(s) to upload.
- Select the file(s) you want to upload. You may select multiple files for upload, using the shift+select or ctrl/command+select functionality. You may also drag-and drop-multiple files to the FileStack window.
- Once the file(s) you want to upload are listed in the FileStack window, click Upload.
The FileStack window changes to provide an upload progress bar. When finished, the window disappears.
IMPORTANT: CLOSING the FileStack window before upload(s) complete will CANCEL THE UPLOAD. DO NOT DO THIS UNLESS YOU WANT TO CANCEL THE UPLOAD.
The newly uploaded file appears in your Content Page but is dimmed while it is processed. NOTE that you may need to refresh the page to see the newly uploaded file.