THIS TOPIC deals with viewing classroom material after the class has been captured and posted to the class list. For viewing classes in real-time (as they are happening) see Viewing Live Classes (Student view).
If you access Echo360 through an LMS, it's likely that the link you selected put you directly into the Class List for your Echo section. Otherwise, you can:
- Find the section on your DASHBOARD and click ALL CLASSES.
- Use the COURSES drop-down list on the main menu bar and select a section.
Click on the class that you want to view. This opens the Classroom (shown in the below figures), complete with any published content, and the ability to take notes or post/view questions for the class.
See Understanding class list page icons below for descriptions of the indicators on the Classes page.
Playback Bar Auto-hide: To increase the amount of screen space available for classroom materials, the playback bar now auto-hides. It should appear when you first enter the classroom then disappear after a few seconds. To reveal the bar again, hover your mouse over the bottom of the classroom window. See Using Classroom Tools for more information on the functionality located in the playback bar.
IT IS IMPORTANT TO NOTE however that if the classroom only has a presentation, you will not see a playback bar, as the controls will not apply.
- From the Class List, click on the class row of the class you want to view.
If necessary, use the Search box or Sort By options at the top of the list to find the class you want.
The Classroom view opens, with all available content visible. The Primary visual feed is maximized, with the secondary and/or presentation in smaller panels.
- Use the playbar at the bottom to pause, play, fast-forward or rewind 10 seconds, or scrub through the video as needed. See Using Classroom Tools - Student for details.
- Use the Volume control and Settings buttons to control quality and speed of playback. See Using Classroom Tools - Student for details.
- Use the Layout button to change how the panels are arranged on the screen, if the classroom contains multiple visual feeds (e.g., the classroom recording captured dual video or video and display, and there is a presentation loaded to the class). See Using Classroom Tools - Student for details.
- Use the Sources button to remove or return classroom content to the classroom viewing pane.
- If the video is closed captioned, use the CC button to toggle the captions on or off, and to change the location, size, color, and text justification of the caption text. See Using Classroom Tools - Student for details.
- Use the classroom toolbar across the top to navigate between classes, enter or respond to questions, and take notes during the classroom viewing.
You can also access the most recent classes from your Dashboard. Click the preview thumbnail in the Dashboard for the class to jump directly to that classroom.
Each class is shown with a series of icons, providing information and functionality as follows:
- Content Icons - Click a content icon for a menu that will allow you to view or download that media.
- A grey icon () icon indicates that you have already viewed this material.
- A green icon () indicates that this content is new to you; you have not yet viewed it.
- If there is NO icon shown for the class, the class capture has not yet occurred or the video is not yet available to students. Ask your instructor if it should be.
- Conversation Bubble icon - Click the conversation bubble icon () located on the row for the class to open the Q&A tab and view the questions and responses posted for that particular class. The number indicates the total number of questions posted for that class (responses are not counted). If the number is shown in a red box, there are questions that you have not yet viewed.
- See which classes will be streamed LIVE. If your classes will be streamed live and in real-time, a LIVE badge appears next to the Class Name.
- A gray LIVE badge () indicates a future class that will be streamed live.
- A green LIVE badge () indicates that this class is currently being captured and streamed.
- Not all classes are live streamed; a class that is happening RIGHT NOW will also appear with a green dot to the left of the class in the Class List. Only classes with a LIVE badge will be captured and streamed in real-time to class participants.