During lecture your instructor may post interactive activity slides, which you can respond to using the SMS (text messaging) feature of any cell phone. SMS instructions appear for all types of in-class activities except for Image quizzes.
If you do not see these instructions on the activity slides, SMS responses may be disabled for your institution. In this case, respond directly in the slide in the Classroom view.
IMPORTANT: You must have entered your mobile phone number in your account profile, and you must be registered for the class. Otherwise you will receive an error message. Data/Text message rates will apply.
Because the target phone number for SMS responses should be the same for all courses across the institution, you may want to create a contact for this number, to avoid having to re-enter the number repeatedly.
If you need help, text a question mark (?) to the phone number on the question slide.
To respond via SMS
- Create a text message to the phone number listed on the activity slide.
- Type in the activity code, add a space, then enter the proper response information. Separate multiple entries with commas.
For example (noting that the sample activity code "PZRF" in the below examples will be different for each question):
- To submit a single letter as the response, type: PZRF B
- To submit multiple letters as the response, type: PZRF B, C, A
- To submit a text response, type: PZRF Astronomical unit is the average distance between the earth and the sun
- Send the text.
To edit answers submitted via SMS, simply send a new text with the activity code of the slide and a new answer. The system logs the latest answer it receives while polling remains open.
You should receive a return message confirming receipt of your response.